Cockpit USA USS Forrestal Carrier Pilot's Vietnam Flight Jacket
A hand treated vintage goatskin G-1 Naval Aviator's flight jacket stylized by a U.S.S Forrestal Navy fighter pilot who would have removed the fur collar for more comfort in the hot weather and added a unique hand-painted leather appliqué designating the carrier's fleet number: CVA-59. On the back, a hand-blocked sketch of the actual ship and the famed Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club patch signifying service off the coast of North Vietnam. The jacket features 1950 style pocket flaps as well as the authentic insignia of fighter squadrons deployed on the U.S.S. ""Forrestal"" aircraft carrier in 1967: VF84 Jolly Rogers flying F-4B Phantoms and VF-41 Black Aces, also flying F-4 Phantoms. In addition, the right chest features an original Vietnam era 1966 patch from VA65, an attack squadron that flew A6s off the U.S.S Forrestal.
• Hand treated vintage goatskin leather
• Lightweight lining with an embroidered and silk screened patriotic appliqué
• Patches stylized by a U.S.S Forrestal Navy fighter pilot
• Bi-swing back with hand-blocked sketch of the Forrestal CVA-59
• Two front 1950s style flap pockets
• Two inside snap close pockets
• Knit cuffs and waistband
• This is a regular fit jacket
• Available in brown
• Proudly made in the USA.
Not sure of your size? Please provide the below information and we will recommend the best size for you